Oil product consumption ups in Azerbaijan

Oil&Gas Materials 18 January 2013 16:54 (UTC +04:00)

Azerbaijan, Baku, Dec.15 / Trend E. Ismayilov /

Around 4.8 million tons of oil products were delivered to the Azerbaijani domestic market in 2012, or 8.8 percent more compared to 2011, the State Statistics Committee told Trend on Friday.

In particular, supplying petrol, diesel fuel, petroleum bitumen, lubricants and other petroleum products to the domestic market has increased during this period, while jet fuel and liquefied gas supplies have fallen.

In total, some 6.5 million tons of Azerbaijani oil products were delivered to consumers (including exports) last year, or 1.4 percent more than in 2011.

Around 73.8 percent of the total volume of oil products delivered to consumers, were sold in the domestic market, while the remaining 26.2 percent - transported for export.