Kazakhstan sets ceiling retail prices on commercial gas
BAKU, Azerbaijan, May 25
By Nargiz Sadikhova - Trend:
Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Energy has set ceiling retail prices on commercial gas for sale on internal Kazakh market, Trend reports with reference to the ministry’s decree.
The decree said that the prices were said for the period from Jul. 1, 2020 till Jun. 30, 2021.
The decree enters into force since the day of its publishing, i.e. May 25, 2020.
The ceiling prices per 1,000 cubic meters of gas excluding VAT in Kazakhstan range from 5,574 tenge ($12.6) in Aktobe region to 24,537 tenge ($55.7) in Nur-Sultan and Karaganda region.
Earlier this month Kazakhstan’s Vice Minister of Energy Asset Magauov said Kazakhstan has undertaken unprecedented measures to support country’s oil refining industry.
Magauov said that Kazakhstan’s government has taken a number of measures to support country’s oil refining industry which include:
- suspension of restrictions on transporting petroleum products via road transport outside the country;
- suspension of prohibition on exporting petroleum products (including diesel and fuel) outside the Eurasian Customs Union (EACU);
- exemption producers of gasoline and diesel fuel sold for export from paying excise taxes;
- introduction of restrictions on railway supplies of petrol and diesel fuel from Russia to Kazakhstan;
- zeroing the rates of export customs duties on petroleum products, including gasoline, diesel fuel and fuel oil
The measures taken are aimed at eliminating overstocking of fuel and lubricants storage facilities, as well as at ensuring uninterrupted operation of oil refineries, Magauov said.
Follow the author on twitter: @nargiz_sadikh