Iran's oil minister talks progress of work on Phase #14 of South Pars field
TEHRAN, Iran, Sept.30
The South Pars gas field has generated billions of USD in revenues for Iran and the priority has always been to complete those phases that had more progress than the rest, Iran's Oil Minister Bijan Zangeneh said, Trend reports via SHANA.
"There are currently four platforms at Phase 14 of South Pars in operation, and the gas is being transferred to the shore by two pipelines. The wells at the phase are also active," said Zangeneh.
"Extracting gas from platforms at Phase 14 started in May 2019. Phases 12 and 19 have used their capacity for gas sweetening and so far 22 billion cubic meters of gas has been sweetened," he said during a parliament session.
Zangeneh said that the first refinery row at Phase 14 would start operating by the end oft he current Iranian year (started March 20,2020).
"It is also expected that three other rows would be launched in 2021 that would add to the refining capacity," he said.
"There were many problems in operating Phase 14. An Iranian consortium was responsible for it and a public company was the head of this project that had no experience in operating such a mega project before," he said, answering a question about the delay in work at the phase.
"The process of extracting gas from offshore and transferring it to the shore was being done during the sanctions," he said, adding that Iran was struggline with separating ethane from LPG, due to lack of proper equipment.