Georgian TBC Bank leads by asset volumes
BAKU, Azerbaijan, Sept. 29
By Tamilla Mammadova – Trend:
Banks' assets decreased by 197 million lari ($59.2 million) to 50.98 billion lari ($15.3 billion) in August this year (at current prices) or by 0.39 percent (without exchange rate effect - decreased by 0.01 percent) in Georgia, Trend reports via the National Bank of Georgia.
The share capital of the banking sector totals 5.38 billion lari ($1.6 billion), which is 10.55 percent of the total assets.
Top 5 banks by volume of assets:
• TBC - 19.69 billion lari ($5.9 billion);
• Bank of Georgia - 17.98 billion lari ($5.4 billion);
• Liberty Bank - 2.62 billion lari ($788.3 million);
• VTB Bank - 1.86 billion lari ($559.6 million);
• Basisbank - 1.65 billion lari ($496.5 million).
As of September 2020, the banking sector is represented by 15 commercial banks; 14 of them with the participation of foreign capital.
Follow the author on Twitter: @Mila61979356