S.Korea's KT Corp. has a lot to offer Uzbek ICT sector (Exclusive)
Baku, Azerbaijan, Oct. 24
By Fikret Dolukhanov – Trend:
Various types of ecosystem will be developed in Uzbekistan when the mobile and fixed internet environment becomes more solid, South Korea’s telecommunications giant KT Corporation told Trend.
According to the company's representative, KT Corporation will be very glad to introduce new tech solutions when the Uzbek market is ready to accept them.
"Uzbekistan is a country with great potential in terms of the telecommunications sector. Other than telecommunications sector, there are many areas that can be developed such as automated fare collection system, intelligent traffic system, fintech, etc.," the rep noted.
He also reminded that KT has two subsidiaries in Uzbekistan, ET and EVO, which were acquired 11 years ago. KT’s share in ET is 90.98 percent (remaining 9.02 percent belong to Uzbektelecom), in EVO – 100 percent.
KT Corporation, Korea’s largest telecommunications service provider re-established in 1981 under the Telecommunications Business Act, is leading the era of innovations in the world’s most connected country. The company leads the 4th industrial revolution with high speed wire/wireless network and innovative ICT technology. After installing 4.5 million fixed lines for 20 million users in just 12 years, KT was the first telecom provider to introduce 5G broad-scale trial service in 2018. It is another step in KT’s continuous efforts to deliver essential products and services as it seeks to be the No.1 ICT Company and People’s Company.
Uzbekistan is the main trading partner of the Republic of Korea among the countries of Central Asia. Uzbekistan accounts for over half of the trade turnover of the Republic of Korea with the states of the region.
In the 1H2018, the trade turnover between Uzbekistan and South Korea amounted to $762.4 million.
Currently, there are more than 460 enterprises with participation of Korean capital in Uzbekistan (386 joint ventures and 75 enterprises with fully Korean capital). Representative offices of 75 South Korean companies are also accredited in Uzbekistan.
Follow the author on Twitter: @FDolukhanov