Azercell Telecom might get privatized by 2007

ICT Materials 12 July 2006 17:15 (UTC +04:00)

Estimation of governmental stock in service provider Azercell Telecom JV is on, to be followed by privatization, reportedly said Kerem Gasanov, head of State Privatization Committee, adding this process might end by 2007.

The governmental stock in this company totals 35.7%. The rest 64.3% belong to Azertell, which, in turn, belongs to Fintur Holdings B.V. (79.78%) and Cenay Д°nЕџaat 20.22%.

This provider is teh largest from two operatingin teh county today. Another provider, Bakcell, has been privatized in late 2003.