Investigation of 15 people killed on Kazakh border extended for one month
Azerbaijan, Baku, July 31 / Trend E. Kosolapova/
The investigation of the case on Vladislav Chelekh, suspected of killing 14 border guards and one hunter on Kazakh border has been extended for a month, Novosti-Kazakhstan reported with the reference to Chelekh's lawyer Tolegen Berlikozhanov.
"The investigation was extended for a month, because experts have not completed examinations due to circumstances beyond their control," Berlikozhanov said.
On May 30 a fire took place on Arkankergen border post on Kazakh-Chinese border. In summer 15 frontier guards serve at this post. Some 15 corpses were founded at the scene including 14 border guards and a hunter from the nearby hunting ground located near the post. The fifteenth border guard was found alive near the post. Later border guard Vladislav Chelakh confessed that he killed his colleagues and then set fire to the barracks, where they were, the Kazakh Prosecutor General's Office reported. Chelakh named internal conflicts and clouding of consciousness as the reason of killing his colleagues. However, later he refused this confession and said the border post had been attacked.