Foreign ministry says all of kidnapped Iranians alive and well
Azerbaijan, Baku, Aug. 9 /Trend S.Isayev, T. Jafarov/
All of the Iranians kidnapped in Syria are alive and well, Iranian Foreign Ministry's Middle East Department chief Mojtaba Firdowsipour said, FARS reported.
Firdowsipour revealed that the ministry has established a contact, through which it received information about the Iranian nationals kidnapped in Syria. According to the information, all kidnapped Iranian nationals are alive, showing no signs of health deterioration.
On August 4, 48 Iranians were kidnapped in the Syrian city of Damascus. Syrian officials said armed assailants attacked the bus and kidnapped the Iranians in Zeinabiyah neighborhood as the vehicle was moving towards Damascus international airport.
Days later a Syrian rebel spokesman said three of the Iranians had been killed in a government air strike and the rest would be executed if the attacks did not stop.
The information obtained by the Foreign ministry of Iran refutes earlier reports about the deceased.