Azerbaijan, Baku, Mar. 1 /Trend S.Isayev, T. Jafarov/
At the recently held nuclear talks in Kazakhstan between Iran and the P5+1 group, the group for the first time stepped away from the general proposals, Assistant to Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Saeed Jalili, Ali Bagheri said, Fars news agency reported.
"This was the difference from the previous talks, "Bagheri said. "They have shown close views to those expressed during the talks in Moscow, and now our positions are somewhat closer than they were before."
Bagheri also said that Iran will now be taking steps simultaneously with the P5+1 group.
Iran and P5+1 group have wrapped up the nuclear negotiations in Kazakhstan on Feb. 27 after two days of talks.
Iran's head nuclear negotiator, Secretary of the Iran's Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Saeed Jalili said that the the sides agreed to hold talks at the expert level in Istanbul on 17-18 March.
Jalili also said that following the expert level meeting of the sides in Istanbul, Iran's negotiating team and the "Six powers" will meet again in Kazakhstan on 5-6 April.
In 2012, representatives of P5+1 group and Iran held three rounds of talks in Istanbul (April 14), Baghdad (May 23-24) and Moscow (June18-19). None of these meetings resulted in breakthroughs on disputed nuclear issues.
Previously talks between the "Six Powers" and Iran were not conducted for over a year.
The U.S. and its Western allies suspect Iran of developing a nuclear weapon - something that Iran denies. The Islamic Republic has on numerous occasions stated that it does not seek to develop nuclear weapons, using nuclear energy for medical researches instead.
Despite the rules enshrined in the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) entitling every member state, including Iran, to the right of uranium enrichment, Tehran is now under four rounds of UN Security Council sanctions for turning down West's calls to give up its right of uranium enrichment.