Iran to continue nuclear talks until victory, president says
Iran's President Hassan Rouhani says the Islamic Republic is determined to continue its nuclear talks with the P5+1 group until "final victory" is achieved for the Iranian nation, the country`s Press TV reported on Feb. 25.
Addressing a large gathering of people in the southern port city of Bandar Abbas on Feb. 25, Rouhani assured that his administration of "hope and prudence" would not "take a single step back from protecting the Iranian nation's rights" in the nuclear talks with the P5+1 group.
"We will continue the negotiations until final victory for the Iranian nation...," Rouhani added.
The Iranian president further stated that the Islamic Republic should break the chain of the "unjust" and "cruel" sanctions imposed on the country's economic sector, stressing that Iran has taken the first step toward the removal of these bans.
Iran and the P5+1 - Russia, China, France, Germany, the UK and the US - inked an interim deal on the Islamic Republic's nuclear energy program in Geneva, Switzerland, on November 24, 2013. The Geneva deal took effect on January 20.
Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany aim to continue their talks to reach a final agreement to fully resolve the decade-old dispute over the Islamic Republic's nuclear energy program.
Earlier in the day, Rouhani arrived in Iran's southern Hormozgan Province for a three-day visit.