Iran’s IRINN TV economic news 12:00 GMT; Sept. 25 (Summary)
Baku, Azerbaijan, Sept. 25
By Khalid Kazimov – Trend:
The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Sept. 25, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:03 GMT – Iranian Vice-President Eshaq Jahangiri chaired an administrative meeting on the implementation of the article 44 of the country’s constitution which calls for privatizing the state-run companies.
2. 12:05 GMT – Minister of Labor and Social Welfare Ali Rabiee attended a meeting of the parliamentary commission of economy to brief the MPs about the procedure of providing Securities and Exchange Organization with the balance sheets of public companies. The MPs criticized lack of transparency in the public companies. (Report shows parts of remarks made during the meeting)
3. 12:07 GMT – Head of Iran Veterinary Organization (IVO) Mehdi Khalaj announced plans to confront with the illegal transferring of livestock in the country.
4. 12:08 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. Per gold coin was traded at 12,417,000 rials (about $318.6 according to the currency rate in free market) on Monday. Per gram of the 18-karat gold priced at 1,213,000 rials (about $31.1).
5. 12:08 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Per euro valued 46,614 rials in the free market gaining 107 rials compared to the preceding day. The US dollar lost 4 rials to stand at 38,969 rials.
6. 12:09 GMT – Report on the performance of the Tehran Stock Exchange Market (TSE). The main index of the TSE lost 71.9 points or 0.08 percent to stand at 85516.9 points.
7. 12:10 GMT – A stone processing unit in South Khorasan Province process 70,000 meters of stone per year. (video shows the factory and interviews with officials and workers).
8. 12:11 GMT – Iranian chemists have produced diesel fuel from waste engine oil. (Report includes interview with the experts. The video shows a lab where experts are working on the project).
Source: The state-owned news channel (IRINN), Tehran, in Persian language.
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]