The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Feb. 21, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – CBI Governor Valiollah Seif has said that the country’s currency market has been stabilized after sharp fluctuations.
2. 12:04 GMT – Iranian agriculture minister has said that 10,000 tons of eggs have been supplied to Tehran market at low prices in order to bring balance to the market.
3. 12:05 GMT – Iranian Energy Ministry has launched an online center for monitoring water quality in Tehran City.
4. 12:07 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 56,211 rials in the free market. Official rate of the USD was 37,175 rials and it was traded at 45,410 rials in the free market.
5. 12:07 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 14,860,000 rials (about $327.2 according to the currency rate in the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,435,000 rials (about $31.6).
6. 12:08 GMT – Main index of the Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE) reached 98,157 points.
7. 12:10 GMT – Report on the prices of Iranian-made cars.
8. 12:11 GMT – National Iranian Copper Industries Company says six new plants are being discovered in the country.
9. 12:12 GMT – Report on the production of Termeh, a type of Iranian handwoven cloth, in the central city of Yazd.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]