Iran does not intend to enrich uranium over 20 percent
Azerbaijan, Baku, June 9 / Trend /
Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi refuted news that the country is working to enrich uranium to over 20 percent, the Economic Cooperation.
Organization (ECO) official website econews.ir. reported. Salehi made this statement when addressing the conference of the ECO member countries' ecology ministers in Tehran.
He once again assured that Iran's nuclear program has only peaceful character and is implemented within the IAEA.
Any statement about violation of an agreement with the Agency by Iran is false, Salehi said.
He underscored that Iran constantly informs the IAEA about all nuclear developments, carried out in the country, including about the work to enrich uranium to a 20-percent level.
"We have also informed the Agency about transferring work to enrich uranium to 20 percent from the Natanz plant to enterprise in Fordo," he said.
Head of Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI)
Fereidoun Abbasi said on Wednesday that Iran intend to produce 20-percent enriched fuel in Fordo nuclear facilities under the IAEA supervision and we will raise its production as three times
He underscored that the 20-percent enrichment will not be stopped at Natanz until the production level is three times higher than its current rate.
The U.S. and other Western countries accuse Iran of developing nuclear weapons under cover of peaceful nuclear energy program.
So far, the UN Security Council has adopted six resolutions to suspend the nuclear program Iran, four of which involve economic and some political sanctions against Iran, and two contain warnings.