The "5+1" group understood Iran not to give up its nuclear rights - Mehmanparast
Azerbaijan, Baku, May 29 / Trend S.Isayev, T. Jafarov/
During the talks in Baghdad, the "5+1" group understood that Iran will not give up its rights for peaceful nuclear energy enrichment, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said at a press conference in Tehran, IRINN reported.
Mehmanparast added that Iran will not be pressured into abandoning its uranium enrichment, and "5+1" group is aware of that.
On May 23 Iran and the "5+1" group held talks in Baghdad, regarding Islamic Republic's nuclear program. Iran's top nuclear negotiator Saeed Jalili and EU Foreign Policy Chief Catherine Ashton also held separate talks on May 22 as well.
"Iran's nuclear activity is being carried out within our rights, which we are clearly aware of," Mehmanparast said. "We are open to further negotiations in this sphere at the future talks".
Mehmanparast said he hopes Iran and "5+1" group can brign their positions closer in the near future.
Before Baghdad, the talks between Iran and the six members of the P5+1 group were held in the Turkish city of Istanbul on April 14. Both sides hailed the discussions as constructive.
The outcome of the talks in Baghdad was that another round of talks was agreed upon to take place in Moscow on June 18 and 19.
Western countries are concerned that Iran may develop a hidden military nuclear plant, but Iran rejects the claims, saying its nuclear program is intended to be peaceful.
So far, UNSC has adopted four rounds of economic sanctions against Iran and the U.S. the EU and their allies have slapped even more sanctions on Iran, demanding it to put a halt on its uranium enrichment program and show transparency in its nuclear activities.