No Iranian diplomat dead in Yemen bomb suicide
Baku, Azerbaijan, Dec. 3
By Umid Niayesh - Trend:
Iran says no Iranian diplomat was killed during a suicide bomb explosion in Yemen on Dec.3.
The Spokeswoman of Iran's Foreign Ministry Marzieh Afkham told ISNA on Dec.3 that all of Iranian diplomats are healthy according to obtained latest information from Iran's embassy in Yemen.
Previously Reuters quoted security officials and paramedics as saying that three people were killed when a suicide attacker drove a car laden with explosives at the residence of the Iranian ambassador in the Yemeni capital Sanaa.
Iranian diplomats have been targeted in Yemen in the past. One Iranian diplomat is still being held hostage by suspected militants and another was killed this year when he resisted a kidnapping attempt.
Umid Niayesh is Trend Agency's staff journalist
Follow him on Twitter: @UmidNiayesh