Iran says extending nuke talks possible
Baku, Azerbaijan, Apr. 10
By Umid Niayesh - Trend:
Iran's top nuclear negotiator, Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi believes that in case the comprehensive nuclear deal will not be reached by June 30, it is possible to re-extend the nuclear talks.
He called the upcoming nuclear talks with P5+1 "sensitive, hard and complicated", IRINN TV reported Apr.10.
The latest talks by Iran and the group P5+1 (the US, UK, France, Russia, China, and Germany) ended in a framework agreement on April 2.
Iran and P5+1 reached an interim nuclear deal in November 2013 and has extended it three times, to continue the talks, which aimed to reach a comprehensive nuclear deal.
"We will attempt to reach the final deal even sooner than Jan.30, but in case the sides can't reach a common view on the details of nuclear framework agreement, achieved on Apr.2 based on what Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei demanded, we can extent them," Araqchi said.
Previously, Khamenei has repeatedly said that Iran will not sign any nuke agreement with the P5+1 group, if all the sanctions are not lifted on the first day after the deal is signed.
On Apr.9 he said that what has been achieved so far doesn't guarantee neither the deal itself, nor the accomplished nuclear talks between between Iran and P5+1.