Iran to take serious steps if US continues to obstruct nuke deal
Baku, Azerbaijan, Sept. 29
By Fatih Karimov – Trend:
Iran may take serious steps if the US continues to obstruct implementation of the nuclear deal, signed between Tehran and the world powers last year, Ali Shamkhani, Secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council, said.
If the US continues to disrupt and hamper even minor issues like purchase of passenger planes, Iran will make more serious decisions to restore its rights, Shamkhani said, Tasnim news agency reported Sept. 29.
He further said that various experience in nuclear talks and regional issues have proven that the US is not trust-worthy in the issue of ceasefire in Syria and in removing economic sanctions against Iran.
The P5+1 (China, France, Russia, the UK, the US as well as Germany) reached a historic deal with Iran last year to curb the Islamic Republic’s nuclear program in return for lifting the nuclear related sanctions. The deal came into force in January.
Despite the partial removal of sanctions, many Iranian entities complain that a major part of the US imposed sanctions against the Islamic Republic are still in place making it difficult for them to reintegrate into the world.