Five Palestinian children perish in bedroom fire
Five children died overnight when a fire accidentally broke out in their bedroom, a fire department official in the West Bank town of Tulkarem said Saturday.
The official said the two girls and three boys, aged between 5 and 12 years old, had gone to sleep in the ground-floor bedroom they shared with candles still burning. One of the candles overturned, setting a bed alight, DPA reported.
The parents and other family members sleeping upstairs suffered from smoke inhalation. Foul play was not suspected.