'Suicide bombers' die in Aden blast
Two suspected suicide bombers have died in an explosion outside an intelligence building in the southern Yemeni city of Aden, according to the country's defence ministry, Al-Jazeera reported.
The men killed in Friday's blast in the al-Mansoura district were suspected of having links to al Qaeda, the defence ministry said on its website.
"Two suicide bombers belonging to the Al-Qaeda terrorist network were killed when their motorbike exploded... early on Friday in al-Mansoura," it said, adding that the intended target of the attack was a branch of the political security services.
"The bomb-laden motorbike exploded with the two suicide bombers whose bodies were left in pieces before they managed to carry out their suicide attack that targetted a branch of the political security services in Mansura," the website quoted a security official as saying.
No other casualties were reported.
Al-Qaeda links questioned
Security services had identified one of the two men as Fawaz al-Subaihi, who lived in the neighbourhood where the attack took place.
An on-going investigation is currently working to identify the body of the second attacker, which was said to have been left in pieces.
A witness, speaking to the AFP news agency, said Subaihi owned an area shop and "has no links to Al-Qaeda".
The witness, who identified Subaihi by his remains, said the body of the second attacker had been "torn to pieces".
The deaths come a day after the interior ministry said government troops had killed more than 100 al Qaeda linked fighters in the past two days of an offensive against hideouts in the south.