Man held at Amsterdam airport after bomb threat; departure hall reopens
A departure hall at Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport was briefly cleared on Monday after a man claimed to have a bomb, national police said in a statement, Trend reported citing Reuters.
No explosives were found at the airport, the police said, adding that the arrested person held for questioning is a 51-year-old Canadian man. The statement did not further identify the suspect.
Police said the man had been arrested and departure hall 3 had been cleared as a “precautionary measure”.
The airport said departure hall 3 was open again for operation.