Morocco confirms 28 cases of A/H1N1 flu
Twenty-eight cases of influenza A/ H1N1 cases were confirmed in Morocco up to Saturday, health authorities said, Xinhua reported.
Two new cases were documented Saturday after checks on five possible cases, a statement of the Healthy Ministry said.
A 32-year old Moroccan woman coming from Britain and an 18-year- old U.S. citizen who has just arrived in the north African country from Spain were diagnosed with the A/H1N1 virus.
Out of the 28 confirmed cases since the virus was introduced in Morocco in early June, 22 have left hospitals after being totally cured, the statement said.
The remaining six cases are under medical treatment and show no signs of seriousness, according to the ministry.
In late June, a 20-year-old Moroccan woman died in Spain from the virus, becoming Spain's first A/H1N1 fatality. The woman had given birth to a baby boy at a hospital in Madrid just one day before passing away.
According to a recent report of the World Health Organization ( WHO), the disease has infected more than 95,000 worldwide and killed 429.
In light of its rapid spread worldwide, the World Health Organization (WHO) last month raised the A/H1N1 alert to its highest level, formally declaring that it had developed into a global pandemic.