NATO says two foreign soldiers killed in southern Afghanistan
Two foreign soldiers of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) have been killed in a blast in southern Afghanistan, the alliance said Friday, dpa reported.
The soldiers died following the detonation of a roadside bomb Thursday, NATO said in a statement.
A third soldier was also killed Thursday in an insurgent attack in the country's east, the military said in a separate statement.
ISAF did not disclose the nationalities of the deceased, nor did it say where exactly in the volatile regions the incidents occurred.
More than 140,000 foreign troops - two thirds of them US soldiers - are currently based in Afghanistan. The US-led troops plan to transition security responsibility to Afghan forces from July, in a process to be completed by the end of 2014.
More than 2,400 foreign troops have been killed since the ouster of the Taliban regime in 2001. At least 155 soldiers have died so far this year.