At least two civilians were killed and six people injured Wednesday by a car bomb outside a foreign forces compound in eastern Afghanistan, police said, dpa reported.
"The attacker detonated his explosives-loaded vehicle at the gate of an airport that is used as the coalition troops' base, killing two civilian drivers and injuring six passers-by in a suburban area of Khost city," the capital of the province with the same name, police official Yaqub Khan told dpa.
The NATO-led military confirmed the incident took place "at the vicinity of Camp Chapman in Khost province."
No details of coalition casualties had been reported, military spokesman Charlie Stadtlander said.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
"A mujahid (freedom fighter) detonated a minibus loaded by explosives at the entrance of the US base, and killed more than 100 foreign invaders and their Afghan servants including army, national and local police forces," Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said in a statement.