Turkey to pay reward for information on Gulen supporter
Baku, Azerbaijan, Oct. 25
By Orkhan Quluzade – Trend:
Turkey’s Interior Ministry announced a reward of 4 million liras (3.0775 TL/USD on Oct. 25) for the information about whereabouts of Adil Oksuz, a member of the movement of Fethullah Gulen, who is accused of involvement in the July 15 coup attempt, Hurriyet newspaper reported Oct. 25.
Oksuz was a coordinator of the Gulen movement in the Turkish Air Force, said the report.
He was arrested at the Akinci air base immediately after the failed coup attempt July 16. However, he was released after the first interrogation.
On July 15 evening, Turkish authorities said a military coup attempt took place in the country. Meanwhile, a group of servicemen announced about transition of power to them. However, the rebelling servicemen started to surrender July 16 and Turkish authorities said the coup attempt failed.
Previously Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had said the death toll as a result of the military coup attempt stood at 246 people, excluding the coup plotters, and over 2,000 people were wounded.
He also declared a three-month state of emergency in Turkey on July 20. It was decided to prolong the state of emergency for 90 more days on Oct. 3
Follow the author on Twitter: @o_quluzade