Defense Ministry: Azerbaijan works to return dead soldiers
Azerbaijan, Baku, July 1 / Trend K.Zarbaliyeva /
Azerbaijan is constantly working with international organizations to return its dead soldiers, Defense Ministry Press Service Chief Officer Abbas Shirinov told Trend today.
"Unfortunately, so far we have failed to achieve any concrete results. This is an open violation of international law by Armenia," Shirinov said.
The Armenian armed forces opened fire on Azerbaijani soldiers June 19. Four Armenian military men were killed and four were wounded in the crossfire. Azerbaijani soldier Ibrahimov Mubariz was killed. His body remained in neutral territory.
The ministry said sooner or later Armenia must respect international law and return the soldier's body.
The Azerbaijani State Commission on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing Citizens appealed to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to help return the body.
The ICRC told Trend that they received a letter from the commission, but Armenia has not yet replied to their appeal.