...

Baku's 2020 public catering turnover plummets

Business Materials 4 February 2021 11:38
Baku's 2020 public catering turnover plummets

BAKU, Azerbaijan, Feb.4

By Fidan Babayeva - Trend:

The turnover of the catering sector in Baku decreased by 59.4 percent in real terms in 2020 compared to 2019 and amounted to 476.2 million manat ($280.1 million), Trend reports citing the State Statistical Committee of Azerbaijan.

According to the committee, 55.5 percent of the turnover of the public catering sector in the private sector fell to the share of legal entities, and the remaining 44.5 percent - to the share of individual entrepreneurs.

At the same time, the turnover of legal entities decreased by 45 percent in annual circulation and stood at 266.9 million manat ($157 million), the report reads.

In 2019, the volume of trade turnover in Baku increased by 4.2 percent compared to 2018 and amounted to 22.2 billion manat ($7.68 billion).

The volume of food, beverages and tobacco products sold in the trading network in Azerbaijan’s capital increased by 0.8 percent in annual terms and surpassed 10.5 billion manat ($6.17 billion). At the same time, the volume of sales of non-food products rose by 7.7 percent and totaled over 11.6 billion manat ($6.82 billion).

(1 USD = 1.7 AZN on Feb.4)

---

Follow the author on Twitter: @Fidan_Babaeva

Tags:
Latest

Latest