Kyrgyz parliament elects PM and approves new government staff
The Kyrgyz parliament elected Omurbek Babanov as Prime Minister and approved the new staff of the government at an extraordinary meeting of the Jogorku Kenesh on Friday, KirTAG reported.
"Kyrgyzstan has high expectations for you Omurbek Toktogulovich, because you are only 40 years old," member of the "Ata-Meken" faction Ravshan Jeenbekov said. "You are young and must justify the expectations of people."
The Article 87 of the Constitution was violated while forming the government, leader of the "Ata-Jurt" faction Kamchibek Tashiev said.
"But there are problems with electricity supply," Tashiev said. The prices on food increased. The faction decided to assess the new government's activity in the first quarter not to create a tense situation in the country. A decision was made to support the candidature of Prime Minister O. Babanov and the whole staff of the government."
The votes of 61 MPs were required to elect Babanov as head of the government.
The structure and new staff of the Kyrgyz government, prepared on the basis of the agreement of the coalition of the parliamentary majority was submitted to the Jogorku Kenesh for approval.
The new staff of the government is as follows:
Prime Minister Omurbek Babanov ("Republic")
First Vice Prime Minister - Aaly Karashev (Kyrgyz Social Democratic Party)
Deputy Prime Minister for Economy and Investment - Djoomart Otorbaev (Ata Meken)
Deputy Prime Minister for Social Block Gulnara Asymbekova ("Ar-Namys")
The Chief of Staff - Minister of the Government Torogul Bekov (Republic)
1. Foreign Minister Ruslan Kazakbayev ("Republic")
2. Inferior Minister Zarylbek Rysaliev (Kyrgyz Social Democratic Party)
3. Justice Minister Almambet Shykmamatov ("Ata-Meken")
4. Finance Minister Akylbek Japarov ("Ar-Namys")
5. Minister of Economy and Anti-Monopoly Policy Temir Sariev ("Ak-Shumkar")
6. Minister of Agriculture and Land Reclamation Saparbek Tynaev ("Ar-Namys")
7. Minister of Transport and Communications Kalykbek Sultanov ("Ata-Meken")
8. Minister of Emergency Situations Kubatbek Boronov ("Republic")
9. Minister of Energy and Industry Askarbek Shadiev ("Republic")
10. Education and Science Minister Kanat Sadykov (Kyrgyz Social Democratic Party)
11. Minister of Health Dinara Sagymbaeva (Kyrgyz Social Democratic Party)
12. Culture and Tourism Minister Ibrahim Zhunusov ("Ata Jurt")
13. Minister of Social Development Ravshan Sabirov ("Ata-Meken")
14. Minister of Youth, Employment and Labour Aliasbek Alymkulov (Kyrgyz Social Democratic Party)
15. Defense Minister - the Presidential nomenclature
16. State National Security Committee - Presidential nomenclature