An Iranian-American, who was released from a Tehran prison on Saturday, says he will take legal action against a top figure of a US-based terrorist group, Press TV reported.
Reza Taqavi had been detained for more than two years for handing over money to the assailants of a 2008 bombing in Iran's southern city of Shiraz.
The attack happened in a religious center in Shiraz and left 14 civilians dead and over 200 others wounded.
The Royalist Association of Iran or Tondar claimed responsibility for the bombing. Tondar is in Los Angeles where it has based its radio station and website. Its second-in-command is Iman Affar.
Taqavi, a 71-year-old retired businessman back in US, says he gave the money to the group unwittingly, noting that he had "no idea where the money was going" when Affar asked him to pass it on.
Taqavi says he is going to take Affar to court in the United States. His lawyer, Pierre Prosper, said Taqavi is assessing his options, including possibly suing the Tondar group as a whole and that US law should bring the perpetrators to justice.
In January 2010, the group claimed responsibility for the assassination of Iranian nuclear scientist Masoud Ali-Mohammadi, who was killed by a remote-controlled bomb attached to a motorcycle outside his home in the Iranian capital, Tehran.