(Cihan) - A total of 145 primary school students in eastern Turkish province of Van were hospitalized after they were poisoned from meal.
The students at three primary schools in the Catak district of Van were admitted to the state hospital on Wednesday on complaints of nausea and dizziness.
Upon calls from parents, gendarmerie teams arrived and cleared the roads blocked by the snow to take the students to hospital. Thirty-one of them were later transferred to hospitals in Van city center since the hospital was insufficient, reports Trend.
Following the medical checks at the hospital, Provincial Health Director Ahmet Ozer told reporters that the students were poisoned from the lunch they had at the school.
Ozer added that none of the students had critical health problems and 120 of them were released after preliminary checks.