( IRNA ) - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has arrived at an Armenian border town for the inauguration of a newly constructed pipeline that will transfer Iranian gas to Armenia.
The Iranian president and his Armenian counterpart, Robert Kocharyan, will preside over the inauguration ceremony within the next few minutes.
The 110km pipeline, 70km of which is within Iranian territory, is 40km from the Armenian border to the city of Kajaran.
Test operations on the project have been conducted. The project is being delivered to Armenia within the next few months.
The pipeline has an approximate cost of USD 33 million, 85 percent of which was financed by the Export Development Bank of Iran (EDBI) with the remaining 15 percent put up by Yerevan.