Iran's IRINN TV economic news 11:00 GMT; Sept. 19 (summary)
Baku, Azerbaijan, Sept. 19
By Khalid Kazimov – Trend:
The following is a numbered list of Iranian news channel (IRINN TV) on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 11:00 GMT, Sept. 19.
1. 11:03 GMT - Russian Trade & Economic Development Council (RTEDC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Iran’s government-owned IDRO (Industrial Development & Renovation Organization) to boost economic cooperation. (Video shows ceremony for inking the MoU)
2. 11:04 GMT - Central Bank of Iran will inaugurate an integrated system for unified check books known as “Sayyad”.
3. 11:06 GMT - Report on measures taken by the country’s agricultural ministry to meet its goals on self-sufficiency in producing oil seeds through importing new technologies. The report says that the country over the current year has produced 180,000 tons of oil seeds and it is planning to boost the figure to 500,000 tons by the year-end. (Video shows farms and interviews with officials and an exemplary farmer)
4- 11:08 GMT - Report on the prices of gold in Iranian market. Per gold coin was traded at 12,435,000 rials (about $ 319 according to the currency rate on free market) on Monday. Per gram of the 18-karat gold priced at 1,212,000 rials (about $31)
5. 11:08 GMT - Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Per euro valued 46,498 rials in the free market dropping 56 rials compared to the preceding day. US dollar gained 11 rials to reach 38974 rials.
6. 11:08 GMT - Report on the daily performance of the Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE). The main index of the TSE jumped 1.1 percent to reach 85343.9.
8. 11:09 GMT - Iran is currently swapping 10,000 barrel of crude per day and the country plans to increase the amount to 40,000 barrels per day by the year-end. (video shows archive footage)
9. 11:10 GMT - The volume of mining excavation in Iran over the past four years has been doubled. (video show mine drilling)
10. 11:11 GMT - A high-ranking official with Iran’s railways briefs reporters on the significance of transportation corridors and the country’s role in connecting North and South as well as East and West.
11. 11:12 GMT - Report on the activity of a factory in the eastern city of Birjand annually producing 14,000 tons of polyethylene pipes. (Report includes interviews with officials and the experts of the company as well as details on its exports and development plans).
12.11:14 GMT - Iranian officials are planning to develop tree farms in the northern forests of the country.
Source: The state-owned news channel (IRINN), Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.