The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Oct. 24, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:03 GMT – Government spokesman Mohammad Bagher Nobakht briefs about allocating budget of provinces.
2. 12:04 GMT – The Iranian industry minister, Mohammad Shariatmadari, has called for supporting exporters.
3. 12:06 GMT – The Iranian transportation minister, Abbas Akhoundi, has attended a meeting at the development commission of the parliament to discuss the required budget for the coming fiscal year (starting March 21).
4. 12:08 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 13,114,000 rials (about $326.8 according to the currency rate in free market) on Tuesday. One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,226,000 rials (about $30.55).
5. 12:08 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro valued 47,437 rials in the free market. The US dollar was traded at 40,124 rials.
6. 12:08 GMT – Report on the performance of the Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE). The main index of the TSE stood at 86529.
7. 12:09 GMT – A carpet exhibition was held in Tehran.
8. 12:10 GMT – The head of Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran, Nayyereh Pirouzbakht, has briefed about the activity of her organization.
9. 12:10 GMT – Report on the activity of a successful entrepreneur producing agricultural equipment.
10. 12:12 GMT – Zanjan Province exported 1,360 tons of raisins over the last year. The province’s exports valued $2.2 million.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]