The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, Dec. 4, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:03 GMT – An official with the Central Bank of Iran has said that the interbank rate in Iran has reached 18.1 percent.
2. 12:04 GMT – Under an agreement reached on Monday, Hungary will produce electric buses in Iran.
3. 12:05 GMT – The Iranian government has decided to privatize three state-run insurance firms of Alborz, Dana and Asia.
4. 12:06 GMT – Report on the role of cooperatives in Iran's economy.
5. 12:08 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in Iranian market. Gold coin was traded at 14,053,000 rials (about $337.9 according to the currency rate in free market) on Monday. One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,304,000 rials (about $31.3).
6. 12:08 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro valued 49,605 rials in the free market. The US dollar was traded at 41,578 rials.
7. 12:08 GMT – Report on the activity of Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE). The main index of the TSE fell to 90,936 points.
8. 12:09 GMT- Two exhibitions on metal and livestock have been held in Iranian capital Tehran.
9. 12:10 GMT – Iran’s northern province of Golestan is expected to produce 55,000 tons of oranges over the current year.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]