The following is a numbered list of news on latest economic developments in the Islamic Republic of Iran, as of 12:00 GMT, March 11, on IRINN TV.
1. 12:02 GMT – Iranian First Vice President Eshaq Jahangiri has addressed a ceremony on paying dividends to the holders of Justice Share.
2. 12:04 GMT – The Iranian minister of finance, Masoud Karbasian has said that the country’s banks have privatized worth of 100 trillion rials ($2.8 billion) of their surplus assets.
3. 12:05 GMT – As of March 11, Iranian banks will distribute newly printed banknotes ahead of new year celebrations in Iran on March 21.
4. 12:06 GMT – Report on the rate of foreign currencies in the Iranian market. Euro was traded at 55,679 rials in the free market. The official rate of the USD was 37,499 rials and it was traded at 44,880 rials in the free market.
5. 12:06 GMT – Report on the prices of gold in the Iranian market. The gold coin was traded at 15,770,000 rials (about $351.3 according to the currency rate in the free market). One gram of the 18-karat gold was priced at 1,508,000 rials (about $33.6).
6. 12:07 GMT – The main index of Tehran Stock Exchange stood at 96,029 points.
7. 12:08 GMT – Officials have refused that the prices of nuts would increase ahead of the new Iranian year.
8. 12:09 GMT – Report on the prices of domestic cars.
9. 12:10 GMT – Iranian agriculture ministry has said that the country faces no shortage of meat ahead of the new year celebrations.
10. 12:11 GMT – Report on trade war between the US and Europe.
Source: State-owned news channel IRINN, Tehran, in Persian
For transcription and video from the news program please contact us at [email protected]