Toxic gas outbreak in Iran sends 130 people into hospitals
Baku, Azerbaijan, Oct. 27
By Umid Niayesh - Trend:
At least 130 people were hospitalized in Iran's south eastern city of Zahedan due to inhaling toxic gas on Oct. 26-27, Iran's official IRNA news agency reported.
Abbas Ali Arjmandi, governor general of Zahedan city said that poisonous gas was in the air after a worker from a private company, unloaded amounts of expired pesticide into a wastewater canal in the city.
The official said that the worker was arrested and the storages of the company were sealed. Arjmandi also dismissed sabotage claims on the issue.