Mottaki: US unable to wage new war
Iran's foreign minister says neither the US nor the Middle East has the capacity to witness another military attack in the region, reported Presstv.
"Our analysis is, in fact, that neither the region nor the United States of America, nor anyone else in the world, has the capacity to witness another military attack in the region," Manouchehr Mottaki said in an interview with CNN Sunday.
Iran believes that such threats are in fact an attempt of sorts to add spice to the political trends that have been going on from the past, but have never been serious.
Mottaki reiterated that his country has never initiated a war against any nation, but will defend its soil in the event of any attack, invasion or threat.
He dismissed allegations that Iran was after nuclear weapons. "We fundamentally believe that nuclear weapons -- not only for small states, but also for big states, big powers -- is not a resolution to the problems they have, and cannot bring about security for any one of them. The only use of nuclear weapons is destruction."
He called on the West to change its eyeglasses and look at Iran through a different lens. "By changing the eyeglasses, I would say they'd be able to see issues more clearly and better. Iran is committed to its constructive approach and the resolution of regional and international affairs and problems."
Facing threats over its nuclear program, Tehran has so far refused to suspend uranium enrichment and has insisted on preserving its right to peaceful use of nuclear technology.
The West accuses Iran of secretly pursuing a program aimed at making nuclear weapons but Tehran rejects the charge as baseless, stressing that it has been cooperating with the UN nuclear watchdog in good faith.