Winners of Azercell’s Student Bursary Program selected
Baku, Azerbaijan, Dec. 23
Azercell Telecom continues to realize different social projects directed to support the development of education in Azerbaijan. The Company finalized the selection process for the Student Bursary Program, annually held since 2008. On December, 20 the President of Azercell Telecom Chiril Gaburici met with the winners of the Student Bursary Program and presented them special certificates. Mr. Gaburici extended his congratulations to the students and wished them a successful career path, the company said today.
We would like to remind that 437 students from different universities of the country applied to this program. The multi-staged selection process started on October, 1 with final selection of 11 students to be awarded with the title of Azercell's Scholar. The following students will receive from Azercell a monthly scholarship in the amount of AZN 200 till the end of their study:
1. Abdulla Huseyn, Qafqaz University, Industrial Engineering
2. Badalova Aygun, Azerbaijan State Oil Academy, Industrial Engineering and Management
3. Badalova Konul, Academy of Public Administration under the President of Azerbaijan Republic, Law
4. Aliyev Ulfan, Azerbaijan State Economic University, Finance
5. Anvarli Parvin, Academy of Public Administration under the President of Azerbaijan Republic, Law
6. Huseynov Farid, Qafqaz University, Industrial Engineering and Management
7. Isayeva Sabina , Moscow State University, Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
8. Najafov Jahangir, Baku State University, Computer Science
9. Rustamli Nabi , Qafqaz University, World Economy
10. Rzali Vedad, Azerbaijan State Economic University, Finance
11. Samadzadeh Sevinj, Academy of Public Administration under the President of Azerbaijan Republic, International Relations
The selection process of the Program consisted of several stages. During the first stage the applicants had to pass the written tests with logical questions and then write essays in English on different topics. During the final stage the students were invited to face-to-face interviews with the representatives and experts from Azercell's management positions. As a result, students who successfully passed all stages of the selection process have been awarded with scholarship.
Student Bursary Program's advantage is not only about the financial support. Along with the scholarship, these young people will get a chance to enrich their knowledge on telecommunications, participate at Azercell's corporate events, receive various training courses, as well as pass an internship at Azercell.
The goal of the Student Bursary Program is to provide special care to the successful students and support their development as future specialists. This project held under the sustainability strategy of Azercell Telecom will help to strengthen the company's corporate social responsibility activities and contribute to our society's welfare.
Azercell Telecom LLC was founded in 1996 and since the first years sustains a leading position on the market. Azercell introduced number of technological innovations in Azerbaijan: GSM technology, GPRS/EDGE, 24/7 Customer Care, full-time operating Azercell Express offices, mobile e-service "ASAN imza" (ASAN signature) and others. With 53% share of Azerbaijan's mobile market Azercell's network covers 99,8% of the country's population.
By the end of 2012 the number of Azercell's subscribers reached 4,4 million people. In 2011 Azercell deployed 3G and in 2012 the fourth generation network - LTE in Azerbaijan. The Company is the leader of Azerbaijan's mobile communication industry and the biggest investor in the non-oil sector. Azercell is the part of the TeliaSonera Group of Companies, which has subsidiaries in more than 20 countries with total number of 186 million subscribers and 27 thousand employees.