Nine hospitalized after fire in Astana apartment building
Kazakhstan, Astana, Jan. 6 / Trend , K. Konirova /
A fire occurred in the Edem Palas apartment building in Astana today at 02:20 in the morning, the Kazakh Emergency Situations Ministry told Trend .
According to the ministry, the incident was the result of an electric cable catching fire. Fifty people were evacuated.
Nine people were hospitalized and are in serious condition after inhaling fumes, including two 2-year-old children and two infants. The fire was extinguished by the ministry's fire brigade at 05:06.