Riyadh refutes information on aiding Israel
Azerbaijan, Baku, June 15 / Trend, U. Sadikhova /
The Saudi Arabian Foreign Ministry refuted information today that the country has agreed to allocate airspace to Israel to attack Iran.
"Saudi Arabia reaffirms that it would never give airspace to another country to attack a third country," the Saudi Arabian Foreign Ministry said in an official statement.
The British newspaper The Times published an article Monday claiming that Saudi Arabia had agreed to allow Israel to use its airspace to bomb Iranian nuclear facilities.
According to the paper, after the U.N. Security Council imposed its latest round of sanctions against Tehran last week, Riyadh agreed to let Israel use a narrow corridor of its airspace to bomb Iran.
"The Saudis have given their permission to the Israelis and they will look the other way," said a U.S. defense source in the area, adding that "this has all been done with the agreement of the (U.S.) State Department."