A protocol as a result of the visit of the delegation headed by the Chairman of the TV and Radio Company of Iran, Izatula Zargami, was signed at the Azerbaijan Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies on February 3, 2007, Trend reports.
The document was signed by the Azerbaijan Minister of Communications and Information Technologies, Ali Abbasov and Izatula Zargami. As a result of Iranian delegation visit to Baku, the sides made a conclusion to strengthen the co-operation and regulate the problems with regards to the radio TV and radio broadcasting.
Particularly the sides decided:
- create joint working group to regulate the co-ordination of the TV and radio broadcasting and preparation of relevant proposals;
- define zone of co-ordination on TV and radio broadcasting between the sides;
- exchange technical parameters of the broadcasting stations within adopted zone and agree indicators with ITU;
- establish relations in creating and co-ordinating national satellite networks of the two countries;
- exchange experience in applying new technologies, organize seminars and trainings and create conditions for mutual use of skills of teachers and students;
- begin production and purchase of broadcasting equipments.