Azerbaijan Railways announces freight and passenger transportation volume
Baku, Azerbaijan, Dec. 23
By Emil Ismayilov - Trend:
Azerbaijan Railways CJSC transported 19.9 million metric tons of cargo in January-November 2014, Azerbaijani Railways head Arif Asgarov told Trend.
He said that during this period, around 5.9 million metric tons of cargo accounted for domestic cargo transportation, 3.8 million metric tons - export cargo transportation.
"During this period, around 6.2 million metric tons of goods were imported," he said. "Four million metric tons accounted for transit goods."
Around 11.5 million metric tons of cargo were shipped by railway within eleven months.
Around 2.2 million passengers were transported by railway in January-November.
Currently, the total length of the main railways in the country is 2.898 kilometers, the length of service roads - 2.068 kilometers, of which 802.3 kilometers - double track.
Around 1.240 kilometers or 60 percent of the total length of roads are electrified, and the remaining 827.9 kilometers (40 percent) accounted for the diesel locomotive operation.
follow the author on Twitter: @Emilsmail