Iran's raw milk output rising 7-8% on average per year

Business Materials 10 November 2018 14:44 (UTC +04:00)

Baku, Azerbaijan, Nov. 10

By Elnur Baghishov - Trend:

Iran's raw milk production at farms is rising 7-8 percent on average per year, CEO of the Central Union of Iran Animal Farmers (CUIAF) Alireza Azizollahi said citing the Statistical Center of Iran, Ministry of Agriculture Jihad said in a message.

Azizollahi noted that the news on raw milk scarcity in Iran does not reflect the truth and given the increase in the number of animals every year, raw milk production has also increased.

According to the Statistical Center of Iran, 5.2 million tons of raw milk were produced in Iran in 2016 and this figure was 4.8 million in 2017.

Azizollahi added that 80 percent of the raw milk needed by Iran's milk processing plants is provided by industrial farms and the rest 20 percent by rural and nomadic farmers.

Thanks to the domestic production, the demand in the domestic market is fully met and dairy products worth $1 billion are exported, Azizollahi said, adding that this year, due to changes in the currency market, interest in exporting goods has increased, and some dairy producers intend to export their products.