BAKU, Azerbaijan, October 3. A total of more than 9.8 million tons of cargo were transported through the roads of Markazi Province (central Iran), during the first six months of the current Iranian year (March 21 through September 22, 2022), Director General of Roads and Transport Department of Markazi Province Mehrdad Jahani said, Trend reports citing Iranian Ministry of Roads and Urban Development.
“Some 15 percent of the cargo was transported within the province, while the remaining 85 percent was transported to other provinces of the country,” Jahani said.
The director general added that 19 percent of cargo was transported to Tehran Province, 11 percent to Isfahan Province, and 8 percent to Khuzestan Province.
He said that the cargo was transported mainly from Arak, Saveh and Delijan counties of the Markazi Province.
According to Jahani, cargo transportation Province was carried out by 135 cargo companies of the province.
Follow the author on Twitter:@BaghishovElnur