Import of Azerbaijani products by Belarus up in 1Q2021

Business Materials 12 May 2021 10:29 (UTC +04:00)
Import of Azerbaijani products by Belarus up in 1Q2021

BAKU, Azerbaijan, May 12

By Zeyni Jafarov - Trend:

The export of goods from Azerbaijan to Belarus in total amounted to $79.1 million from January through March 2021, which shows a multiple increases (by 15 times) compared to the same period last year, Trend reports on May 12 with reference to the statistical bulletin of the Azerbaijani State Customs Committee.

Thus, the share of Belarus in the total export of Azerbaijan increased from 0.12 percent to 1.91 percent.

However, the import of products of Belarus to Azerbaijan decreased from $28.6 million to $26.4 million (7.6 percent) during the reporting period.

The share of Belarus in the total import of Azerbaijan amounted to 1.04 percent of the total volume compared to 1.08 percent in the same period of 2020.

As a result, the volume of foreign trade operations between Azerbaijan and Belarus amounted to $105.5 million, which is by 3.1 times more compared to the first quarter of 2020.

The balance of foreign trade turnover between the two countries during the reporting period became positive and is estimated at $52.7 million.

In general, Azerbaijan's foreign trade turnover amounted to about $6.7 billion from January through March 2021. More than $4.1 billion of that volume (62.05 percent) accounted for export while the remaining $2.5 billion (37.95 percent) - for import.


Follow the author on Twitter: @jafarov_zeyni