U.S. embassy supports entrepreneurship in Azerbaijan
From October 30 – November 17, U.S. Embassy Baku invited four young entrepreneurs from Azerbaijan to visit the United States under the auspices of the State Department’s long-established “International Visitor Leadership Program” (IVLP). Their program in the United States, fully funded by the Department of State, focused on “Promoting and Supporting Entrepreneurship.”
While on the program, the participants visited Washington D.C., Miami, FL, Bozeman and Butte, MT, Austin, TX and Kansas, MO where they examined how:
• Social, economic, and political factors that influence and encourage development of private enterprise in the U.S.;
• Federal, state, and local government policies to advance and support small and medium sized business development and entrepreneurship;
• The role of NGO and grassroots organizations in supporting and empowering the development of SMEs and entrepreneurs;
• Public policy and public as well as private sector programs that support and advance women in entrepreneurship and small business ownership;
• Effective interaction and public-private partnerships among government, NGO, and banking and commercial entities to support entrepreneurship and SME development;
• The latest and most innovative trends in the United States, including private and publicly funded research laboratories where new U.S. technologies are being developed to explore the best models to create new business, pursue new technologies, and support new initiatives.
The IVLP is a cultural and professional exchange program administered by the U.S. State Department in conjunction with American government representatives, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), private businesses, and volunteers from throughout the United States. Beyond professional enrichment, a principal objective of these visitor exchange programs is to enhance mutual understanding between our invited guests and the people of the United States.
For more information about the IVLP program, please visit: https://eca.state.gov/ivlp.