Oil product consumption slightly increases in Azerbaijan

Oil&Gas Materials 20 November 2014 17:13 (UTC +04:00)

Baku, Azerbaijan, Nov. 20
By Emil Ismayilov - Trend:

Some 2.7 million metric tons of oil products were delivered to Azerbaijan's domestic market in January-September 2014, which is 1 percent more than in January-September 2013, according to the Azerbaijani State Statistics Committee's report as of ten months of 2014.

The supplies of naphtha to the domestic market increased by 36 percent, lubricants - 9.4 percent, aviation kerosene and other types of kerosene - 6.9 percent, gasoline - 5.6 percent, diesel fuel - 1.4 percent, LPG - 1.1 percent in January-September. A decrease in supplies was observed in other types of petroleum products, the report says.

Azerbaijan produced around 3.56 million metric tons of main petroleum products in January-September compared to more than 3.82 million metric tons in the same period of 2013.

Around 5.2 million metric tons of petroleum products were supplied to the Azerbaijani domestic market in 2013 compared to 4.8 million metric tons in 2012.

Around 6.8 million metric tons of Azerbaijani oil products were supplied to consumers (including export supplies) in 2013, which is 3.9 percent more than in 2012.

Around 77.5 percent of the total volume of oil products, supplied to the consumers were sold on the domestic market, while the remaining 22.5 percent went for export.

edited by CN