The Middle East diplomatic Quartet on Saturday urged those planning a flotilla to deliver supplies to the Gaza Strip to reconsider their plans, dpa reported.
"The Quartet strongly urges all those wishing to deliver goods to the people of Gaza to do so through established channels so that their cargo can be inspected and transferred via established land crossings," the group comprised of the United Nations, European Union, Russia and the United States said in a statement.
"The Quartet regrets the injury and deaths caused by the 2010 flotilla, urges restraint and calls on all governments concerned to use their influence to discourage additional flotillas, which risk the safety of their participants and carry the potential for escalation," the statement released in New York said.
An international group of activists has been preparing to sail a flotilla of ships from Mediterranean ports to Gaza, circumventing the Israeli blockade.
A 2010 effort turned violent when the Israeli military clashed with demonstrators and nine activists were killed.
The Quartet said it remains concerned about the humanitarian situation in Gaza, but noted that conditions have improved in the last year.