...

Contribution of Alternative Energy Sources in General Energy Balance is Insignificant

Oil&Gas Materials 5 March 2007 13:03

Azerbaijan, Baku / Trend , corr S.Aliyev / At the present time there is no sense to speak about contribution of sun and wind in the general balance of electricity production in Azerbaijan, as it is so insignificant.

Etibar Pirverdiyev, the President of Azerenerji energy company, explained it with intensive attention towards alternative energy sources has been attached so lately.

At the present time around 90% of electricity is produced at thermo-power stations in Azerbaijan, while the rest 10% at hydro-electric power stations.

In Georgia this correlation is as 20% and 80%.

Latest

Latest