Azerbaijan, Baku, Jan.23 /Trend I.Isabalayeva, T.Djafarov/
The Ministry of Science, Technology and Research of Iran announced new rules for the recognition of Iranian students' diplomas from Azerbaijan and a list of universities, diplomas of which are recognised in Iran.
These rules apply to Iranian students who have been educated in Azerbaijan until February 1, 2012, the Iranian news agency İSNA reported.
According to the rules, the Iranian students can attend 10 Azerbaijani universities for levels of bachelor's, a master's, specialist and doctoral degrees in various scientific degrees.
Their degrees will be considered valid by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Research of Iran only attending the following universities:.
1. Baku State University - all levels of education;
2. Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction - all levels of education;
3. Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - Ph.D. programme;
4. Azerbaijan State Oil Academy - all levels of education;
5. Baku Music Academy - bachelor and master's degree;
6. Azerbaijan State Academy of Arts - only in the field of art and painting - bachelor and master degree;
7. Azerbaijan National Conservatory - bachelor and master degree;
8. Azerbaijan Technical University - bachelor and master degree;
9. Nakhchivan State University - bachelor and master degree;
10. University of Khazar - bachelor and master degree levels in economics, management, architecture, engineering, law, arts, humanities and social sciences.
All Iranians wishing to study in Azerbaijan must undergo six months training in the Azerbaijani language and present a relevant course completion document to the Ministry of Science, Technology and Research of Iran.
Iranian students can attend the above universities at all levels and full-time only.
Students wishing to get a bachelor's degree should have a document showing they completed a 12-year education and the average grade point must be 14. The highest possible grade in Iranian schools is 20.
The average grade point should be at least 15 in diplomas of Iranian bachelors, who wish to get a Master's degree in Azerbaijan.
If the Iranians who are educated in Azerbaijan receive diplomas after Feb.1, 2012, they will be considered invalid.
The average grade point should be at least 16 in diplomas of Iranians studying in Azerbaijan to get a Ph.D. degree and two of their research articles should be published in influential publications of other countries, excluding the former Soviet Union. An individual should write a doctoral dissertation to get a scientific title.
Iranian students educated at Azerbaijani universities should apply for a report on their profession, confirmed by the university, to the representatives of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Research of Iran in Russian and Belarus embassies every six months. The report should confirm that the student receives education at the university and the grades should be pointed out.
Iranian students educated at Azerbaijani universities which are not mentioned on this list, must apply to the Ministry of Science, Technology and Research of Iran now, so that there are no problems with the recognition of the diplomas. In this case, the ministry will recognise the diplomas of the students.