BAKU, Azerbaijan, Feb. 1
By Zeyni Jafarov - Trend:
The export of cotton from Azerbaijan in 2020 amounted to a total of $156.8 million, which shows a decrease relative to 2019 by one percent or $1.6 million, Trend reports citing the statistical bulletin of the Azerbaijani State Customs Committee.
The share of these products in the total export of Azerbaijan increased from 0.81 percent to 1.14 percent.
An increase of $125,700 (two percent) was observed in import operations of cotton for the year. So, the volume amounted to more than 6.3 million manat ($3.7 million). The share of these products in the total import of Azerbaijan amounted to 0.06 percent compared to 0.05 percent in 2019.
As a result, the volume of foreign trade turnover of cotton exceeded $163.1 million in 2020, which is by 0.9 percent or $1.5 million less than in 2019.
In general, as of 2020, Azerbaijan's foreign trade turnover amounted to $24.5 billion. More than $13.7 billion of that amount or 56.15 percent accounted for export while the remaining $10.7 billion or 43.85 percent for import.
Follow the author on Twitter: @jafarov_zeyni